The Student News Site of Champion High School

Charger Ink.

Charger Ink.

Charger Ink.

A Sneak Peak at Next Year’s Season with Spring Ball
Savannah Dupre and the Golf Team Crush it at State

May 24, 2023

“Cheerleading is All I’ve Ever Known:” The People Behind the Pompoms

February 3, 2023

In The Deep End: Champion’s First Year Of Water Polo

January 10, 2023

View All

Boerne Boom

Megan Hernandez
The new Fair Oaks H-E-B.

Over the past few years, Boerne has had more construction and stores opening up than ever before, along with experiencing a significant increase in population.  With more people flocking to Boerne, small businesses and chains alike have had the chance to grow. 

“Me just moving here this year, Boerne has had a lot of new buildings and shops opening up and new roads adding to them,” freshman Angelique Lawler said.

A community college is planned to be constructed in the area in a couple years.

“The center will be near the intersection of I-10 and Balcones Creek Boulevard,” an announcement from Alamo Colleges and Northwest Vista College said.

Boerne is currently constructing a Buc-ee’s set to open in 2025.  A new H-E-B opened on March 6 of this year in Fair Oaks.

“It’s really cool that I was able to see HEB getting built and the process of it almost being done,” Lawler said.

With the new H-E-B opening up, many students have  the opportunity to apply at the location. The new H-E-B has requirements such as learning all the positions in the store for efficiency. 

“I wanted to apply at the new HEB because it looked very interesting and I wanna see the process of it opening and people buying from the new store,” junior Dylan Buckley said.

Since 2021, Boerne’s population has significantly increased with a 24% growth rate and will likely continue to grow.

“The population of Boerne is expected to continue to grow at a rapid rate from an estimated population over 25,000 in 2026,” the Kendall County development corporation said.

With the growth rate expanding, there is also an increase in community services and amenities. 

“It’s cool to see how population affects businesses and buildings to open up as we all grow as one, Boerne is a cool place so I’m not surprised a lot of people are moving here,” Buckley said.

Boerne has added and significantly expanded several neighbourhoods. Boerne has seen the introduction of modern upcoming buildings like new shops and upgraded infrastructure to support the growing community.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

“I’ve seen a lot of new neighborhoods opening up, like Region Park and Esperanza getting expanded, sometimes wondering if we will run out of space for the people,” Buckley said.

In the face of population growth and with a couple other businesses opening up like chain restaurants, small boutiques, or gyms, Boerne is thriving. 

“I can’t wait to see how Boerne will look in 10 years from now,” Lawler said.