The Student News Site of Champion High School

Charger Ink.

Charger Ink.

Charger Ink.

A Sneak Peak at Next Year’s Season with Spring Ball
Savannah Dupre and the Golf Team Crush it at State

May 24, 2023

“Cheerleading is All I’ve Ever Known:” The People Behind the Pompoms

February 3, 2023

In The Deep End: Champion’s First Year Of Water Polo

January 10, 2023

View All

Future Marvels: The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s 2024-2025 Projects

Credit%3A+Ian+Pagan+and+Aaron+Wallace+
Credit: Ian Pagan and Aaron Wallace

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a large brand with 33 movies currently available, at least three of these movies coming to the silver screen each year. Since there are two new television shows slated for 2024, “Echo” and “Agatha,” only one film, “Deadpool & Wolverine,”  will be out in 2024.

The two films that would have been released in 2024 were “Captain America: New World Order” and “Thunderbolts*,” both now slated for 2025. “Captain America: New World Order” will have a Feb. 14, 2025 release date and “Thunderbolts*” will open May 2, 2025.

The 2023 writers’ and actors’ strikes are responsible for the delay. “Deadpool & Wolverine” were deep into development, while the others weren’t. The Writers Guild of America strike lasted 148 days, from May 2 to Sept. 27. The American actor’s union SAG-AFTRA’s strike ran 118 days, from July 14 to Nov. 9.

“Thunderbolts*” is the last film of the MCU’s Phase Five, with Phase Six starting July 15, 2025 with “Fantastic Four,” a reboot of the Fantastic Four franchise. This is the final phase in The Multiverse Saga, which is comprised of MCU Phase Four, Five, and Six. 

The final movie set for 2025 will be “Blade,” a reboot of the Blade franchise, which has been pushed back four times since its initial Nov. 3, 2023 release date to Nov. 7, 2025. 

One of the new shows releasing in 2025 is “Daredevil: Born Again,” in Jan. 2025. This series is a continuation of the Marvel/Netflix collaboration series “Daredevil,” which ran from 2015 to 2018. 

The final series to be released in 2025 will be a spin-off series of the 2022 film ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,’ with the supporting character, Ironheart, taking the titular lead.

Even though 2024  has only one film release, 2025 makes up for that loss by having four movies and two shows that are highly anticipated. 2024 could still pull through though as “Deadpool & Wolverine” is expected to be a huge success with the fans.