The Student News Site of Champion High School

Charger Ink.

Charger Ink.

Charger Ink.

Extreme Makeover: New Building to be Added to Champion

Photo+credit%3A+Megan+Hernandez.+
Photo credit: Megan Hernandez.

Starting the 2024-2025 school year, the new building currently under construction next to Champion will open up to students. The building was proposed due to the number of new students every year, causing some difficulties with space. Given this news, students of Champion have varying opinions about the change.

“I think it’s pretty cool adding another building to the school grounds and how much we can expand,” said junior Aspen Robertson.

Adding a new building can add new activities and possibly open up pathways to the school and many more students. Students will have more of an opportunity to enroll into the pathway they choose.

“I really like how they are using the new building, possibly for CTE or architecture, I can’t wait to see the outcome of it and how it turns out,” said junior Ava Gonzales.

While many students here like the add-on to the school, one student said it might get somewhat distracting.

“Sometimes in class I do sometimes hear the construction workers working on the building which sometimes can be loud and distracting to the lesson my teacher is teaching,” said junior Evie Laurentz.

Construction for the addition began April 11, 2023 and the facility will open in August 2024 with new technology and security systems.

“It’s crazy how much progress the new building has gotten over the past couple months and how fast the process is moving by, just to show time is really flying fast,” said Gonzales.